Current ARPGs to turn to?

Thermoluminescence

May 21, 2018, 9:58:01 PM

Now that the writing is on the wall, where will people turn?

Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr
looks freaking amazing but I need to gather up $50 to buy it, also early alpha.

Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem
is in alpha and seems far away from enough content to be considered a game.

Any other arpgs out there to look into?

Thanks!

Edit:
Suggestions from replies I have seen so far include:

Grim Dawn's Expansion
Titan Quest
Torchlight 2
Last Epoch

Completed 13 ChallengesDoubleU

May 21, 2018, 9:59:35 PM

Wolcen is a long way out (September for next expansion/changes) but I invested in it last year and look forward to it progressing.
Grim Dawn is a good time, will most likely be going back to this title and playing it more now.

Completed 22 ChallengesFCK42

May 21, 2018, 10:02:27 PM

Grim Dawn is pretty nice.
Titan quest recently got an expansion.
And then there is Torchlight 2, if you can get used to the cartoony artstyle.

Completed 21 Challengesmorbo

May 21, 2018, 10:04:06 PM

I'll definitely buy the next Grim Dawn expansion, but I'm not "investing" in any other ARPGs, until there is a finished product to buy.

Thermoluminescence

May 21, 2018, 10:05:21 PM

"
Completed 22 ChallengesFCK42 wrote:
Grim Dawn is pretty nice.
Titan quest recently got an expansion.
And then there is Torchlight 2, if you can get used to the cartoony artstyle.

Grim Dawn is supposed to have an expansion. Thanks for the reminder.

Titan Quest is from 2006! Granted I havn't played it, something to do!

Played Torchlight 2 until I lost interest, charming game though. Love the artstyle.

Completed 11 ChallengesIcoblablubb

May 21, 2018, 10:06:55 PM

Wolcen LUL have fu waiting till 2025 thats when the game propably will be out of beta LUL

Thermoluminescence

May 21, 2018, 10:08:37 PM

"
Completed 11 ChallengesIcoblablubb wrote:
Wolcen LUL have fu waiting till 2025 thats when the game propably will be out of beta LUL

At least it will be out before Star Citizen, which I somehow invested $1400 in..

Completed 12 Challenges鬼殺し

May 22, 2018, 12:42:07 AM

ouch dude. I remember seeing Chris Roberts give a PAX talk. The cult was out in full force that day...but all I could think was, damn, this demagogue is really fucking with my fond memories of Wing Commander...

I play Titan Quest on this tablet a lot. I EA'd Wolcen for 20 and have gotten 130 or so hours out of the alpha updates so anything after that is icing to me financially.

Diablo 4 might actually not suck.

Grim Dawn is far and away the best, most pure current ARPG, but its nowhere near as clever as PoE when you can ignore everything wrong with PoE.

Im probably just going to immerse myself in Warframe with the gf and Dragons Crown with friends. Both deeply satisfy my need for melee based loot hunting, but neither are ARPGs. I think PoE has cured me of any carryover D2 arpg addiction there. It took the best and worst of D2 and shoved both in our faces until we had to decide if the extremely rare highs were worth the extremely frequent lows.

If that is the true face of the ARPG, I am ready to look elsewhere, permanently.

Completed 36 Challengeskolyaboo

May 22, 2018, 2:36:11 AM

We should have had a brain and learned how to make games ourselves. I never trust anyone except me. And this Tencent debacle is a good case against trusting anyone else.

Completed 12 Challenges鬼殺し

May 22, 2018, 9:00:02 AM

I dunno about that. Nothing turns me off reading quite like writing. Not in a bad way -- just it's one or the other for me. Read to fill the well, write to draw from it. I doubt many people at GGG are more into gaming now than when they started working there.

Showing page 1

Ad